Wednesday 16 July 2008

ODYN GAN IWAN



Since July 1st I have been in Denbigh, North Wales in the UK building and firing one of my kilns with Steve Tootell. The site was provided by David and Margaret Frith, and Nicola and Daniel Seko from the Czech Republic flew across to help. Nicola and Daniel have already built one of these kilns at their own studio in Czech, so their experience helped to make the kiln go up lickety split!


Michael Warner was also scheduled to come down from the Isle of Mull, but his fiance, Kate, has gone into hospital for some long awaited surgery, and we all hope that everything has gone well. Our thoughts go out to you both.


I have been battling with jet lag since getting back on the weekend, and trying to catch up with myself, so for now just check out the quick video of the kiln building. I will put up some detailed photos of the whole process in days to come.

"Odyn gan Iwan" incidentally is the title which Steve has given the kiln. It is welsh for "The kiln that Euan built".



1 comment:

  1. Hello from Minnesota: Great quick video on the kiln. The high speed made me smile. A proper job on the kiln.

    ReplyDelete